TEA Project Mining Contest, Epoch 7
Everything you need to know to participate in the TEA Project’s epoch 7 mining contest.
Mining contest start date: Sunday, December 12 @ 8pm PST (4am Monday, December 13 GMT).
How to Participate in the Epoch 7 Mining Contest
Competitors can join the contest using the the signup form on the leader board page in the TEA browser wallet — click on the Register for competition button. After signing up, contestants can purchase contest CML using the purchase form and are priced as follows:
- Type B: 20 USDT
- Type C: 15 USDT
These contest CML coupons can be redeemed for contest CML. Contest CML can then be used to mine, stake, or be put up for collateral for TEA Genesis loans.
Rewards for Epoch 7
Contestants will now compete for mainnet CML coupons instead of USDT. There will be 3 vouchers released each week, and their exchange rate will be determined relative to the total amount of assets (measured in TEA) generated by all contestants.
When the TEA Project mainnet starts, these coupons can be exchanged for mainnet CML at the following rate:
- 1 mainnet coupon can be redeemed for 1 mainnet type C CML.
- 2 mainnet coupons can be redeemed for 1 mainnet type B CML.
- 4 mainnet coupons can be redeemed for 1 mainnet type A CML.
Fractional amounts are fine in that:
- They will rollover to the next week where you can exchange for more shares of a CML coupon until your total amount exceeds 1.
- At the very end when mainnet has started, you can sell your fractional shares to others or buy from others to level up your fractional share.
Epoch 7 is the Beginning of the Continuous Contest Phase
A big change with epoch 7 is that the contest will run continuously until the TEA Project team decides to stop. This means that your assets will keep accumulating as each week passes. Updates will happen without resetting the blockchain which will require miners to follow the instructions in the update notifications in their My Camellia page. Failure to update your mining machines in a timely manner will result in them being put offline.
How to Mine in the Epoch 7 Mining Contest
After having at least 1 defrosted B or C contest CML and putting up enough CML for TEA Genesis loans to obtain the necessary TEA for the first staking slot, contestants can start mining with their B or C contest CML:
- B CML mining machines can host TApps. Instructions for setting up a B CML mining machine are available in our wiki.
- C CML mining machines can earn Availability Attestation rewards by monitoring the availability of B CML mining machines. C CML miners can be run from home computers as there’s no need for a public IP.
Both B and C CML can earn PoS staking and mining just like in Polkadot. Miners wishing to earn through PoS can follow this link.
TApps in Epoch 7
- The TEA Party TApp template won’t be available in the beginning of epoch 7 but will be added soon after it starts.
- Contestants can use any YouTube video to create their own TEAfluencer TApps. But only videos approved by Sudo will get tips: if your video doesn’t get an approval from Sudo, your TApp won’t receive any tips (i.e. TEA revenue from consume actions tied to YouTube video views). The videos approved by Sudo will automatically appear in a dropdown list when you create a YouTube TEAfluencer TApp. Message any admin in the Telegram group if you have questions about the suitability of any video.